Sunday, August 28, 2011

Take the Pain Away.....

I think the worst feeling in the world, as a mother, is wanting SO badly to take your baby's/child's pain away, but cant. We would, without question, without hesitation, trade places with our child, and take that pain for ourselves, if that meant that they didnt have to endure it.

Yesterday, Braylee was completely fine all day. We had dinner at our best friends house, and laid Braylee down for the night. At about 11pm, Braylee was crying, we went in there, and there was puke EVERYWHERE in her pack and play. Poor thing. We headed home where Braylee projectile pukes 3 more times.

We got home, gave her a warm bath, gor her some pedialight, and set up camp in our bed. This was the first time she has slept in our bed sense she was a newborn. We are over protective parents and didnt want her to puke during the night and aspirate or choke. We layered our sheets, put down towels just in case, and had towels on the side of the bed to be on the safe side. We figured she'd fall asleep and HOPEFULLY be ok. Oh no.... it had only began.

From 11pm-2am, Braylee puked about every 30 min. She got to the point where she didnt even have anything to puke anymore. She was just dry heaving and bringing up stomach acid. Then from 2am-6am she puked once or twice every hour. She would get up, start crying, and dry heave and vomit, then fall right back to sleep out of pure exhaustion.

I just wanted to cry for her. I stayed awake most of the night just watching her. Anytime she moved, i'd wake up to check her (usually when she started moving it was to throw up). But even through all her discomfort, she would would ask for hap hap (Happy Feet) which we had playing all night. She'd smile at me and say "i okaaay", or i'd ask if she was ok and she's say "yess" with her cute little lisp. She kept touching daddy's cheek and mommy's cheek. Kept falling asleep holding daddy's finger. What an amazing daddy and husband. He had to work that previous morning and had been up sense 2:30am, working till 1:00pm, didnt take a nap, and still helped out so much with Braylee. Woke up each time Braylee had to puke and helped me catch all the puke, (Braylee was in pain and kept flailing around).

Finally at about 7am she didnt puke anymore and slept till 10am. Woke up happy and smiling.
 This is the aftermath. That pile on the right is all the towels and clothes we went through with all her puking. The left pile is all the sheets and blankets... It was a rough night but she kept drinking her pedialight. I was SO thankful for that because it gave her something to throw up (i know that sounds bad but dry heaving up acid hurts). And the time that it actually stayed in her tummy her body was soaking up the electrolytes and good stuff that pedialight has.

 She looks so pale and exhausted but she was happy.

And mama was ready for a nap

We came downstairs at about 11am, got her a sippy of pediasure (to get some nutrients in her body), and she puked it all up :( I gave her a sippy of warm water, honey, and cinnamon for some natural remedies. I must have helped cuz she fell asleep and is still sleeping. It is now 2:13pm.



Braylee is NEVER sick.
I think this is her first legit stomach flu in all 2 years of her life and boy is it bad.

This just breaks my heart :(

18 comments :

Kim Airhart said...

Poor baby. I hope she feels better soon. I hate when my little man is sick.

Leah Beamon said...

bless her heart!! That's terrible...we haven't dealt with a horrible stomach flu yet, I can't imagine!! I'm so sorry you guys had such a horrific night...hopefully she is on her way to a full recovery!!

Holly said...

Oh poor little girl :( That just breaks my heart to hear when kids are sick! I hope she starts to feel better soon and things don't get worse.

Amber said...

You are a super Mom to have energy to do a post, after a night like that! Hope your little one feels better soon :)

Tania B said...

Poor little monkey. Hope she is feeling better! Hi! I am a new follower from the Finding New Friends Blog Hop. Please follow me back via Google Friends Connect and any other methods you would like and please feel free to drop by Horseshoes anytime!

http://contestsformoi.blogspot.com/
Tania

Alaythea said...

I know exactly what you mean - a little over a year ago Gianna started having kidney infections back to back and she would be in so much pain and puke and spike a fever up to 104. I nearly went insane with worry. We ended up in the ER at one point because she was so dehydrated. That was even worse, having to put her through getting an IV and all that. She had a procedure done to fix the problem that was causing the infections. It was a nightmare though putting her through all the tests at the dr.'s, seeing her so sick, listening to her scream because she was scared of what they were doing to her. I'm so glad it's past us...I would have done ANYTHING to take her place then, anything. So glad your baby is better!

Jenna said...

breaks my heart every time. I stay up all night with mine until they are done and fall asleep.

I have 4 kids, 11, 8, 5, and 3. And it sucks BAD when we get one because all four get it.

This was a great blog post about it, very relatable to parents.

Im glad she feels better and also so glad your husband helped you with her while she was sick. :)

Nikki Monet said...

Oh your poor little munchkin! I hope she feels better very soon.

Shawntae @ alittlekingandi said...

Love you guys! I hope she feels better soon... Don't hesitate to take her in. King had that stupid GI infection and i'm so glad we took him but he wasn't drinking anything. At least she is drinking some pedialyte. poor girl it breaks my heart!

Shannon said...

Aw poor baby and mama! hope she feels better soon!!

Tasha said...

Just found your blog from red closet diary. I love how honest you are about everything- so refreshing. I just read your about me- miscarriages can be so hard. I went through one before my little boy. No one tells ya about that part of life huh? And sick kiddos no bueno. =( Well love your blog! I am your newest follower!

tasha

wearebeautifulbecausewearewomen.blogspot.com

Melanie said...

Ahhh... poor sweet angel. Bless her heart, tummy yuckies are the worst! Jax & I will pray for her tonight, she is like all better ASAP!

My monkey was REALLY sick last week. Not the tummy, but a horrific fever (104) That lasted for 4days! He never gets sick either, but thank God he is back to being crazzzzy again! Sending lots O love your way....

Hall Around Texas said...

Awww, I sure hope she's back to 100%. I hate when babies are sick. Breaks my heart!! xo
Crystal

Nikki Darlin' said...

OMG thats so scary. I'm glad she's ok now.

kebowman said...

poor thing! bless her little heart!
i hope she gets to feeling better SOON! keep us updated! :(

Lady Bren said...

When kids are sick there'snothing worse. I hate to tell you it doesn't get any easier the older they get :0(
Hope she's feeling better and you & hubby can get some much needed rest. Hopefully it isn't contagious.

Anonymous said...

Aw I'm so sorry! Zoey's had a bug before but nothing like that - I can only imagine! I hope she's feeling better!

kyna... said...

Awww, I hope she is feeling better! Poor poor thing!
♥ Kyna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...