Thursday, March 29, 2012

Festival Of Colors {Utah 2012}

Hare Krishna Festival of Colors In Utah!


OH BOY! This is by far the funnest festival ever! Its a festival to celebrate spring and togetherness. There is a running joke here in utah cuz this is a Hindu festival, but there are probably like 10 Hindu's there. The rest are all Mormons haha!
This is the second year i have gone and its getting more and more popular. They do this festival for 2 days and i guess over 80,000 people went on the day we went. HOLY CRAP!

There were soooooo many people, it was insane. The environment, man you just have to be there but i took some video footage to give you a little taste :)
(turn off music at bottom)

So we get there and as we are walking in people are throwing colors (colored dust) at us haha. Which is what you do at this festival but we didnt even go in clean! haha
 Me and my Bailie bum
 that was my "REALLYYY" face to everyone throwing colors at us before we got in haha. 
Oh and the dude is Dylon, Bailie's hubby


 Many more people came by the time it was time to throw the colors
 The rest of the crew arrived! Nikki, Ashley, they're friend (sorry i dont remember the name, pregnancy i tell ya). Then bay and me :)
 Waiting to throw colors!
We were up on the temple this time which was super smart with how many people were there. Usually crowd surfing begins after the color throwing and my prego bum wanted nothing to do with that haha




 Take one.. Nikki sneezing...
 Take two! Success!

(me in the shades.. i got separated from the group)
Getting out was a JOKE!!!!
Thousands coming in, thousands going out, One tiny gate.

What an AMAZING AMAZING event! Sooo fun!
I dunno, i just love getting dirty i guess haha!

Here is a viral video from Youtube!
Enjoy!

10 comments :

Tracy said...

omg that looks amaaaaaazing. i need something like this in my life! you should have a colors party! how fun would that be!?

kyna... said...

Wow! That looks like soooo much fun! The pictures of you guys are so neat!
♥ Kyna

Jazmyn said...

Can I just move to Utah just for this? Lol it looks like a lot of fun! This is going to be my life goal to do this before I die haha!

Love, Jazmyn

Shannon said...

Looks like so much fun!

Robin Quick said...

Wow!Fun fun fun & beautiful! I pinned the top pic to my Pinterest page. Hope you don't mind. =) I've never seen a festival like that! BTW I've been noticing the snow capped mountains in your pic & Utah looks like a beautiful place to live!

Robin Quick said...

I did give credit for the photo of the festival to Erin Pritchet. =)

Shary said...

That looks super fun! You guys are adorable!!!

Kelsey said...

I love your blog! You and your daughter are beautiful! I wish you all the best in life! You deserve the best! Please check out and read my blog. Its a book series called Loving Ciara(pronounced Kera) Its really good and i need more followers. Please!
http://lovingciaraseries.blogspot.com/

Kelsey said...

You and your daughter are incredibly beautiful! I hope you get everything that you desire. I love your blog! Keep your head up! I wish you the best in life! Please check out my blog. i need more followers. My blog is for my book series ive written. Its called Loving Ciara (pronounced Kera) please check it out and follow it. Thanks your beautiful!

Kelsey said...

Hey looks like your having fun! Your beautiful! Please read my book series Loving Ciara! http://lovingciaraseries.blogspot.com/
Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...