Thursday, December 13, 2012

Half a DECADE Married......

(all pics in this post are from our dinner date celebrating our 5th anniversary this year)
Its true guys. Ive been married for half a decade!! Jeff and I have almost 7 years together, and 5 years married officially under our belt! On November 10th 2007, i married the love of my life. I was 18, and he was 19. Everyone told us we wouldnt last.. we were too young.. i could do better.. but here we are, 23 and 24 years old, own 3 vehicles, own a house, 2 babies, and 5 years HAPPILY married!

When i met Jeff, I was 16, doing well in high school. Working on getting my CNA (which i accomplished) had college plans. Was working and paying my own car insurance etc. I was the good little "church" girl who had so much going for her. Jeff was 17 years old, a high school drop out working at a tire and lube shop living at his mom's who still made sandwiches for him ;) I understand why people doubted us (especially doubted Jeff), But i saw so much more in Jeff. I fell in love with my little bad boy stereotype with piercings, tattoos and smoked cigarettes. I looked past all the blinders and saw who Jeff was on the inside. A boy who had lived a hard life but despite all that, was a beautiful person who had goals for himself. He wanted to better himself. And i wanted to be there to encourage his journey.

We had MANY bumps in the road, but Jeff was ALWAYS building, growing, bettering himself. He brought out the best in me. I had my own issues. We complimented each other so well. We grew this bond for each other that was so deep. We relied on each other more than anyone can understand. We tried to date other people being as we were so young..but it never felt right. We always went running back to each other within a matter of days.

  By the time we got married, Jeff got his GED, was paying rent in  his mom's legit basement apartment, just got a new job at Pepsi Cola bottling Company that had awesome benefits, yada yada. We got married.. bought a house in 2008, a month later, got pregnant with our daughter Braylee. She was born June 23rd 2009, and 3 years later.. we had our little Bade man, born September 23rd 2012.



Life couldnt get any better. Jeff treats me like his queen, and i'd do anything for that man. We are equally yolked. Step by step, together in unison. I'd be lost without him, no doubt about that. He is the best thing to ever happen to me. He gave me my beautiful children.. im loving our life together and i get this overwhelming happiness and satisfaction picturing our future MANY MANY years together ahead of us. Together forever.

(Bray took the left pic, dont mind my 12 chin.. we werent ready, i was throwing my head back to laugh, and it was an awkward angle haha! Besides! I had just had a baby a month prior.. dont judge me! LOL)

Happy 5th Anniversary babe!

4 comments :

Rachel said...

Congrats! 5 years is a long, long time! I think it's great that you were were able to meet so young and be able to spend so much of your lives together. I met my husband when I was 17 and we got married when I was 19. Marriage really is fun! You guys make a gorgeous couple!

Our Journey Through This Lovely Life said...

Happy Anniversary! We just had our 5 year on December 1st! You guys are super cute! love your boots!

Unknown said...

Aww! Congrats on proving everyone wrong!

Carlee, Little Sloth said...

This is really inspiring! I love hearing stories about couples that marry young and last! I wish you two all the best in the future. And you guys are super cute together.
Carlee

Almost Endearing

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...