Monday, October 31, 2011

{Recipe} Halloween Treat!

I had to share this sweet and salty yummy white chocolate treat!


Hey now it isnt midnight yet, its STILL Halloween. Halloween seriously snuck up on me so fast. i wanted to share some fun halloween treats but didnt realize how fast halloween was coming. But oh well it still counts :) My lovely mother shared this recipe with me and now i am sharing it with you!
Besides.. even though Halloween is almost over... gotta do SOMETHING with all the extra candy corns right?!

Candy Corn Chocolate Cream Cheese Bites
(i totally just named this treat cuz i honestly dont know what they are called)

or you can call it C squared!
haha

You are drooling huh!?

You will need:

*8oz cream cheese
*2 cups confectionery sugar
* 2 tsp vanilla extract
* 3 cups white chocolate chips
*2 cups mini or broken pretzels
*1 cup dried cranberries
*1 cup candy corn

Line an 8 or 9 inch square pan with wax paper

Mix together cream cheese and sugar in mixer for 2 minutes until smooth

Beat in Vanilla
Melt chocolate chips in microwave (directions on bag)
But i did mine for 1 minute, stirred, and then 1 more minute.
DO NOT exceed this time (learn from my mistake)
It will burn your chocolate and make is all crumble.

add melted chocolate to cream cheese, beat till smooth 1-2 minutes
mix in pretzels and cranberries

Spread into your wax paper lined pan and pour your candy corns evenly on top.
My mom used regular candy corns and it was so yummy! I wanted to try something different and used the carmel apple candly corns and it tured out DELISH! I actually liked it better cuz the apple taste went well with the cranberries.

Refrigerate for AT LEAST 2 hours then cut into squares!




1 comment :

Courtney Pies said...

That looks yummy!


Hello! I'm following from the Finding New Friends Weekend Blog Hop - Week 30! I hope you had a fun and safe Halloween! I'm following through Google Friend Connect, Facebook, Twitter, etc. if applicable!
It would be great if you followed me back!

Much Love,
Courtney
www.peaceloverecipes.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...