Thursday, November 10, 2011

Lost Without You....


SIX years ago i was 16 years old and working at a grocery store. My friend that worked with me had her friend come in to visit her. Well her friend brought this tall blonde kid in. And his name was Jeff. Yes, this is a friend of a friend of a friend type story. Well i guess Jeff thought i was, and i quote, "hot", and wanted to hang out. They came over and talked to me and ill be honest, i was scared! I mean, they just had the look of little hoodlums haha. I didnt want to be rude and didnt know how to tell them no. I went to the back of the store to get my good friend Devin and told him what was going on. He came to the front of the store to help me out but that plan back fired haha. So as soon as my shift was over i agreed to go to Jeff's house to hang out for a bit but then i had to get home cuz i had school the next day.

I was immediately intrigued by Jeff because he was so different then the boys in my life at that time. He wasnt pushy, he wasnt rude. He invited me to come hang out after work again and i agreed becuase he was so nice the first time and never tried anything. That night he asked me to go on a double date with his sister. I was even more intrigued because all of the guys that were "interested" in me were little high school boys and their idea of a "date" was to go somewhere alone and have a make out session. And i was NOT going for that crap.

We went go cart racing with his sister and it was alot of fun. On the drive home, we had our first kiss. I still remember that kiss as if it were yesterday. Whiskey luluby (spelling) was playing on the radio, and he was so soft and sweet and kept it simple. It was amazing. From the very beginning he has never been pushy. Which was a big change of pace from the guys who were trying to date me. All they wanted was a piece and Jeff wasnt like that.

Well the rest is history and here we are, 6 years later, and celebrating our 
FOUR YEAR ANNIVERSARY TODAY!!

Jeff is seriously the best thing to happen to me aside from Braylee, but he gave me Braylee. He is so sweet. Has a big heart. Treats me like a princess. Every day when he leaves for work, without fail, kisses me and tells me he loves me even though im sleeping (he goes into work at 3:15am). Then i wake up to a text from him telling me im beautiful every single day. One of Braylee's favorite movies is "Up", and whenever we watch it Jeff always goes "i cant wait to grow old with you", "i wanna be cute like that when we are old". He is seriously just so amazing. I am so lucky to have him. He is sweet to me when he doesnt need to be. And believe me, i get in some wronchy moods! On top of him being an amazing husband, he is an even better daddy! He is so involved and i never ask him. He loves running Braylee's night routine, stays up past his bed time to read to her and teach her numbers and colors. He's so playful and protective of her. He is just amazing.

Anyway i could go on and on for day but i wont. Ill just end this post with our wedding video and a video i made last year but just added to it this year (so ignore the 3 year anniversary cuz its 4 lol)

Christa & Jeff - November 10th, 2007 from Doug Larson on Vimeo.

9 comments :

Whitney said...

4 years!!! Yay! Congrats! Have an amazing day!

Natasha said...

Love the video! Congrats to you and Jeff you guys should be proud :)

RaeBeth McGee-Buda said...

Congrats. I hope you have an awesome day.

Sheri said...

Happy Anniversary! You two are a great couple. LOVE your video. You are so gorgeous!

The Dayleys said...

Congratulations on 4 years!! That's fabulous. Hope your day was special :)

mary. sunkissedlife said...

aww this is so sweet.. girl, you had me all teary eyed. happy anniversary and many many more to come.

Unknown said...

This was so cute! Your husband is so sweet! I liked seeing my mom's name thing to :)

Meg @paulymegandzoey! said...

That video is so sweet! Congrats on 4 years and happy anniversary - that is so awesome! : )

kyna... said...

Awe, what a sweet post! It brought tears to my eyes! :-)
♥ Kyna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...