Monday, June 4, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me!

(Yesterday)

Yesterday was my birthday. I am now 23 FREAKING years old! 
That just doesnt seem right. I still feel 18 haha.

 Although i LOVE birthdays... i hate when its MY birthday. Does that sound bad? I mean i like my birthday.. i just hate getting older. Im WAY too appreciative of the little things people do like just saying "Happy Birthday" and i get way too emotional of the day haha. The good and the bad.

Birthdays hold such a stigma. I think i wake expecting it to be this GRAND day and i get so upset when its not. Not saying that my birthday wasnt grand or hasnt ever been grand. What i mean is that when something goes wrong i automatically think "really? on my birthday of all days.." Do you see what im saying? haha.

I wake up expecting glitter and sparkles and pink fluffy farts. Ya know, breakfast in bed, i love you's all day from the husband. Back massages from Braylee, maybe a tiara or crown to wear all day. Haha before you think im some sort of spoiled rotten princess, its not like that AT ALL. So WHY do i feel this way on my birthday?! Do i need a doctor? ;)

[[I will do an actual post about my bday adventures 
with many pictures when i can find time]]

Anywho. This year was great! Even though i didnt plan things for my birthday, other people planned things and it made for a pretty freaking fun "birthday" weekend. 

It consisted of movies, country concerts, boating and cake :)


Im keeping this post short so i wont get into all the details. Ill save that for my actual birthday post. I just wanted to ramble about birthdays for a minute :)


Anywho.. stay tuned for the actual post.

This post turned out to be pretty pointless but i needed to take a break from editing pictures and clear my head for a minute :)

7 comments :

Sonya Marie said...

It's like we're the same person hahhaa. I feel the EXACT SAME WAY. hahahahah

Jazmyn said...

Happy belated birthday! Lol at "pink fluffy farts" though, this is exactly why I love reading your blog. But I totally see what you mean. I have a love hate relationship with birthdays as well lol.

Love, Jazmyn

jessica ♥ The Fevered Pen said...

Happy Birthday!!! Yesterday was my husbands birthday too haha. He's 26 now :)

I feel the same way when its my birthday. Last year, EVERYTHING that could go wrong did and I kept thinking "REALLY? On my BIRTHDAY?!" --- including my cat taking a DUMP in my bathtub...haha./

Unknown said...

Happy birthday!! 23 is not so old... I'm 24, now that'd old! Hahah.

Robin Quick said...

Happy Birthday!!!! You think you feel old at 23! Just wait until youre 43!!! I see that Braylee & My birthday is on the same day, June 23rd!! I know how you feel about expecting youre birthday to be different than it turns out to be. I expect the same things as you & always get let down. Maybe its because we put so much thought & effort into hubby & kiddos birthdays & we expect the same in return but dont get it. Oh well life goes on!

Holly said...

Happy birthday to you! It was my daughters 2nd birthday also!

Tori Baldridge said...

Yay happy belated birthday!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...