Monday, December 5, 2011

Lindsey: {Recipe} Holiday Cherry Apple Pie

Hey everyone! I am Lindsey from Lindseys and Wildflowers and I am so happy to be guest posting for Christa as I read her blog every day!
I thought I would share my recipe for me all-time favorite pie, Cherry Apple!
I make this pie for Thanksgiving and Christmas every year. It is always a big hit!

Cherry Apple Pie (makes 1 pie)
INGREDIENTS – CRUST (need to make 2)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup cold Crisco
8-10 tablespoons ice cold water
INGREDIENTS – FILLING
1 can cherry pie filling (I prefer the double fruit kind)
3-4 granny smith apples
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
DIRECTIONS – CRUST
  1. Combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
  2. Cut in the Crisco until it forms pea-sized crumbles.
  3. Add water, starting with 5 tablespoons and mix with your hands. Keep adding water tablespoon by tablespoon until it forms into a ball.
  4. Wrap in plastic wrap and pat into a disk shape. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
  5. Repeat to make one more dough.
  6. Roll out the dough until it is large enough for the pie tin. Using a knife cut the extra crust off.
  7. With the second dough, roll out and cut into strips for the lattice crust.
DIRECTIONS – FILLING
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Empty the cherry pie filling into a medium-sized bowl.
  3. Peel and chopped the apples and put into the bowl.
  4. Stir in the sugar and cinnamon.
  5. Dump into the pie tin.
  6. Make the lattice topping with strips of pie crust. Dust with more cinnamon sugar.
  7. Bake for an hour. Cool before serving!
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! It is such a nice pairing! It actually was a happy accident and now it is my favorite pie!
Lindsey
J Lindsey

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...