Friday, September 30, 2011

Restless Blog Hop!

So ive been blogging sense i first got prego in 2008. But i mostly just had family following me. When i linked up with top mom blogs (which is so lame now) i had like 40 followers i think? I signed up for top baby blogs on 10-22-10. I think i got like 10 followers from that. lame.

So here is my secret! I started doing blog hops! I LITERALLY went from like 60 followers, to now (355 followers) in like 4 months.

But the only way these blog hops work IS YOU HAVE TO HOP THEM! If you are wanting more followers, you gotta work for it lol. I would hop from blog to blog finding ones that i loved, commented, and people showed love back! I know majority of my followers are from hops so you can all vouch!

So anyway, i decided im going to start hosting a blog hop so that we can all meet each other! I will do this every friday so everyone can hop around on the weekend! Keep in mind i get about 300 page view on average per day. Yes this is a baby hop, on a baby blog, but eventually it will pick up popularity... hopefully haha

RULES:
There really arent any rules. Except for like 2 :)
You HAVE to be a follower of Young&Restless Blog.
and you have to display this button in a post, sidebar, whatev :)
young and restless


Eventually i will have hosts (first person to request to be a host wins for next week!) lol
Each week i will pick a host.
The host will display this same link on their blog.
Then we request that those that link up follow the host too.

But i mean. If arent interested in a blog you arent interested.
So you dont HAVE to follow me or the host,
it would just be cool.

So yea, LINK UP, start hopping, and have fun!
oh and ps... you dont have to leave a comment. I dont know why it says that lol

22 comments :

Therese said...

I have done a few hops before and they always do help me get more followers (although I only have 37 now, haha. Thanks!

Alaythea said...

I'm a serious blog hoppers and I think I've gotten a few followers from that but I really jumped up followers after adding email subscription. Granted I still only have like 61 followers but that's a big jump from my 20 or whatever I had!

Nikki Darlin' said...

I love blog hops I find them so much fun.

Amber said...

Blog hops are so great! I found your blog from you leaving a comment on one of my posts a while back :)

Love, Chelsea said...

I like blog hops, it is a great way to find new blog friends! I found you when you left a comment on my blog just last month!

Hall Around Texas said...

Thanks for doing this, Christa. This will be my first blog hop and I'm excited :)

Natasha said...

sweeeeet deal- you da best

Sonya Marie said...

joinin in!!

jessica ♥ The Fevered Pen said...

This is such a fantastic idea!!!! :D I'm so in!!!

Also, how do you feel about doing a guest post for my blog?! About your birth experience, or bringing baby home, whatever you'd like so long as it involves the newborn days :D

I know I'm a little late on asking, I should have sooner but I totally forgot of my desire to have a bunch of guest posters for the first couple of days after baby is born. He's coming on WEDNESDAY! :D

Let me know what you think! :D

Melanie said...

Girrrrl.... it's about dang time!lol. This is a fab idea mama! Can't wait to meet some new friends!!

Jazmyn said...

I'll definitely be joining in on this! :)

Petit Monstree

Unknown said...

I linked up! I love blog hops!

Hannah Kaufman said...

I found your blog through a friend, love the idea!

redf said...

Looks like your first hop is a success already. :)

mary. sunkissedlife said...

I love blog hops. Not only is it a great way to get more followers but it's also a great way to find more blogs to read. Thanks for hosting this one. I have a hop I'm co-hosting too if you haven't already linked up.

Enjoy your weekend!

Jill @ Momma Totally in Love said...

Hey Christa! great idea!! I like hops too, but I also like when people follow my blog bc they want to read it and not just bc they want me to run back and follow, ya know? When I follow a blog off a hop, its bc I love what I see and am looking forward to reading daily! It drives me nuts when the coupon sites come and leave a message telling me to come follow them back and dont even read my post!! lol

Kasey said...

Thanks for hosting! This is my first blog hop and I am excited to meet new bloggers!

kewkew said...

Blog hops have definitely helped me gain followers. Though lately even if I go to other's blogs and follow and comment I don't get a lot of follow back. I agree with Jill though.
Glad I found yours. I found you blog through the Scavenger Hunt sunday. I also was reading your post on abortion. Can't bring myself to watch the videos but I am 100% pro-life.
I have placed your button on my Blog Hops page and on my Friday Blog Hops post this week. It will be on future Friday blog hop posts as well. I would love to be a host. I co-host a giveaway link up and used to do another one, but the lady who started it changed her mind.
Have a great rest of your Sunday.

Heather said...

Yay! Its my first blog hop. I would be happy to post a blog hop. I get like 150ish page views a day..... So i'm not exactly a big fish, but I love meeting new people.

Bees_Circus said...

Such a great idea! I love making new friends, & would love to host if you'll have me?
xxx

Unknown said...

This is a great idea I'm excited!!! I have never done a blog hop before!!!

www.theredclosetdiary.com

Melissa @ knit purl baby said...

I'd love to co-host the blog hop! Let me know when you have an opening!

<3 Melissa @ knit purl baby

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...