Thursday, April 11, 2013

Weight Loss Journey {+95 lbs in 7 years}


Alright. Lets talk about how i went from anorexic, to MORBIDLY OBESE,
to where i am now.......in 7 years.

This post, and the 2 following it, are all going to tie together.
 So you might want to stay tuned for the next few posts as well :)) 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Before i begin, In case you wonder, im 5'7 1/2 tall, and 23 years old.

In high school, as most girls do, i struggled with an eating disorder. I was "chubby" growing up, and once i hit about 16 years old... i was starting to FINALLY get noticed by boys.. but this made me even more self conscious of my body. I HATED my tummy. Fixated on it. Blamed everything on being fat. I didnt make the cheer team cuz i was fat. I never got asked on dates because i was fat. I tripped on that rock [wait for it.....] indeed, because i was FAT. Im not kidding. It was that bad.
This led to my eating disorder. I never ate. And if i did. I felt SOOOO guilty, and would go throw it up. But even when i was nothing but skin and bones.. 135 lbs was the lowest i weighed, being 5'7.5 tall.

Then i met my husband. Long story short, he made me the happiest person in the world. Got back to a healthy weight, and never struggled with an eating disorder after that. (Even still to this day. Mind over matter i tell you). We got married in 2007 (18 years old) and i eventually gained my marriage weight they talk about..
+20 lbs

Then in Nov 2008, we FINALLY got pregnant with our Daughter. At 12 weeks along, i developed high blood pressure, had to quit my job and become a couch potato or i would risk my baby girl's life as well as my own.... It was a HORRIBLE pregnancy. Swelling, aches, pains, my boobs TRIPLED in size, worries, NST's (non stress tests), ultrasounds, and was eventually induced 3 weeks early cuz my blood pressure was getting worse....
+60 lbs
---------------------------------------------------------
Alright. Lets pause and break this down. That puts me at 
80 POUNDS OVERWEIGHT!!! 
 ok. Lets continue
----------------------------------------------------------
I had Braylee in June 2009 (20 years old)
And this was the aftermath..... [[PREPARE YOUR EYES]]
This is where i [no joke] am considered to be morbidly obese.
By looking at the pics..Not a shocker, i know.

So here comes the weight LOSS side of this story
[PHEW]

When i had Braylee, from my high blood pressure, i had a LOT of water weight and swelling. It took about 2 weeks, but once the swelling was gone, along with eating better, i lost 30 lbs right off the bat! [thats a lot of water weight!].

Then i tried the HCG craze going on at that time.
I lost 20 more lbs... but i do NOT recommend taking hcg for weight loss. I REALLY believe it caused my next health issue.

From there, in Feb 2011, after my miscarriage, i found out i had HYPOthyroidism. It took NINE MONTHS.. but we eventually found my right medication dose, i started feeling better, and started Insanity again. I eventually lost 10 more lbs.

Now lets pause again to make sure you took mental note of this..
thats 60 LBS LOST!!
-------------------------------------------
I was at my PEAK! I felt AMAZING...... But we wanted to try for a baby again. It took a year of being scared to try again, wanting to get my thyroid under control, and wanting to lose weight and get healthy... but when we started trying for a baby, it took ONE shot..
I really think my thyroid being under control had everything to do with it, but my pregnancy with my son was BEAUTIFUL! I felt healthy, i ate right, worked out, no problems, it was great. Baiden came 4 weeks early on his own (September 23rd 2012).. but i only gained +20 lbs.

In only 4 months, with working out HARD, and eating right, i lost all the baby weight!
This is normal with hypothyroidism after you have a baby.. but in February, my thyroid went CRAZY again! So for the last 2 months, ive been in limbo with my medication, but about 3 weeks ago.. we got the right dose, and my thyroid has been under control!
--------------------------------------
So here i am now.
6 more lbs down!
------------------------------------------------------
So IN A NUT SHELL... 
In a 7 year time frame, i GAINED 95 lbs [HOLY macaroni!]. 
And LOST 66 lbs.

Im 14 lbs away from my goal weight. 
My healthy weight range for my height, and what i was at in high school.
----------------------------------------------------------
BUT...... Pregnancy has a way of "changing" things. But thats a whole separate post. 
Stay tuned for that on Sunday.

14 comments :

Breanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Breanne said...

This is so inspiring! I'm STILL trying to lose the baby weight almost five months postpartum (and I don't even have thyroid problems!), and this definitely helped motivate me. You're doing awesome!

Shauna Quintero said...

Great job! Very inspirational!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Way to go girl! You look great!

Party of Three Heads said...

You look great!! Your success story is deff something to be proud of!!

Christa Cox said...

Accidentally deleted this comment... stupid touch screen! Sorry Cait!

-Cait
"I just had a baby four weeks ago and I needed to read this post! You look great and are so inspiring. I admire that you are so dedicated and stuck to your weight loss goals despite your health issues."

Neja said...

OOh wow, congrats!!! What an inspiration!!!
I am following you now...can you please, please follow me back?
Xs Neja
http://itislovelyfood.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

omg, i thought i was alone with this eating disorder stuff! you are so inspiring and a very strong woman, you go girl!

www.sultanassanctuary.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Way to go girl. Very inspiring! I am 26years old and planning to have baby soon. This serve as my inspiration, before I am 320pounds when I was 22 then one day I decided to undergo abdominoplasty surgery in Thailand, thanks to PlacidWay. Thanks we have successful surgery, now, I have doubt that my weight come back when I became pregnant. Hopefully not, but I will serve you as my inspiration.

AngelicaBrown said...

youve came back from so much, thats so great, i just dont understand how 5'7.5" & 135lbs is skin and bones, its like a 20BMI,which is right in the middle of the normal weight zone. im a little less than that and i dont think im skin and bones ):

Christa Cox said...

@AngelicaBrown
Im sorry you took such a simple comment about my body personally.. not my intention.

Every body is different. Everyone carries weight different. MY body, at 135, due to bad eating habits and not being healthy, was skin and bone.
i didn't say 135 was a bad weight for a 5'7.5 girl.. i just said that my personal body, at 135, due to anorexia, was skin and bones…

Sorry you took offense to that. i hope that clears my statement up

Unknown said...

Hi, I don't have a URL just an email and I'm not sure you'd want it here? I admire you so much for taking charge of your problem and being able to defeat it.
I'm thinking of having the procedure because a 1958 spleen removal as well as colon surgery five years ago has left my abdomen looking exactly like yours. Actually we could be twins. LOL
May I ask you if you were in pain as a result of all this extra skin. That's my problem!
Thanks so much hopefully you didn't mind my question and best wishes to you and all those you love.
Ron

Unknown said...

Hi, I don't have a URL just an email and I'm not sure you'd want it here? I admire you so much for taking charge of your problem and being able to defeat it.
I'm thinking of having the procedure because a 1958 spleen removal as well as colon surgery five years ago has left my abdomen looking exactly like yours. Actually we could be twins. LOL
May I ask you if you were in pain as a result of all this extra skin. That's my problem!
Thanks so much hopefully you didn't mind my question and best wishes to you and all those you love.
Ron

Rynaye said...

Does the line where your stitches were feel numb or hurt at all, after 2 years

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...